Saturday, May 14, 2011

118 DEGREES, LIKE OR DISLIKE? FREE EVENTS, FREEBIES, AND DEALS

SATURDAY MAY 14TH, 2011

Last night we used our livingsocial deal for 2 entrees , and 2 glasses of wine(we got tea instead), at 118 degrees in Costa Mesa. This was my first time ever eating "raw food".  My entree was the "trio Enchiladas".
Tres Enchiladas with 3 distinct flavors, served with Tomatillo Salsa, Macadamia Sour Cream, and Chef salad. 118 Degrees is 100% plant based living food. I have to say I have no idea what inspired me to snag this deal, but I was quite impressed when I dug into my raw enchiladas .My favorite was the Avocado with mushroom. The prices were quite high, so I would suggest waiting until you got a deal to try it out. The place is also very small, so call ahead to make a reservation. When the waiter came with these two big covered black boxes, I thought he was bringing a Tea box for david to pick another tea, but it was our plates. LOL. I totally got a good laugh at that! Oh , and you kow how they have salt and pepper at the table in restaurants? well there was a little "red shaker" and david was quite curious as to what it was. he sprinkled a ton of it on his hand and tried it. With a surprised look on his face "It's Cayan Pepper". Aww poor Guy!

Overall it was actually fun trying something totally out of my realm, and not being totally dissapointed. Like I said I wouldn't recommend it unless you snatched a deal from Groupon or one of those daily deal sites.

Lastly the fun of the night was me trying so hard to figure out what this silver wand that the lady next to us was waving over her food and drink. I wanted to ask her so bad, but didn't want to interrupt her routine of waving it over a few times and then her and her "friend" putting their arms over each other. David mentioned it must be a religion ritual thing. So, on the way home I  looked it up and finally figured it out that it was a "sanitizing wand". have you ever heard of such a thing?? It is made with a UV light that is supposed to kill any kind of germs or bacteria. I would LOVE to know what your opinion is on this!! To find out more about it you can go to amazon, and type in Sanitizing wand in the search.

Allright , enough about my INTERESTING night, and on with the deals!!


DEALS
only 2 more days for this starbucks deal!
ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS LEFT FOR A HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL( for STARBUCKS FRAPPS!) WHOO HOO! STARTING MAY6-15TH DURING THE HOURS OF 3-5PM YOU CAN GET A FRAPP FOR 1/2 OFF. (check your local Starbucks to confirm)

DEALS OF THE DAY
http://www.plumdistrict.com/ has a deal for My Gym summer camp! 4 days for $69 plus a $50 credit towards a birthday package. https://www.plumdistrict.com/?ref=u98eccc9a42e


http://www.zulily.com/ is having a BLOWOUT SALE Check out the deals, but hurry their best deals always go so fast! http://www.zulily.com/invite/ccolon150


MAY EVENTS
(please note: some of the events I post, I have not personally been to. I am just sharing free events that are taking place in local areas. I have however, heard good about some of them so that is the reason I am posting them.

MAY 19TH-free outdoor screening of KING CORN and Kogi TRUCK

HAVE A WONDERFUL SATURDAY!!
at Orange County Great Park, Irvine, CA
Price: FREE
Phone: (949) 724-6247
Age Suitability: All Ages

MAY21-22ND-PAINT THE PARK ART SHOW
PRICE: FREE
TIME: 10AM-4PM
WHERE: IRVINE RANCH HISTORICAL PARK
(714) 832-6299


MAY 27TH-  
STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL
 www.strawberryfestival.org
FREE ADMISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment